American Veterans Thrift Store
“Help us to support those who serve so freely for us”
Mission Statement: American Veterans Thrift Store’s donate to assist the Home of the Brave Foundation (HOB). HOB is a transitional housing program for honorably discharged, homeless U.S. Veterans. HOB has a male program (HOB I) and a female program (HOB II) located at 6630 and 6632 Sharps Road Milford, DE.
We Have 2 Locations
Helping Veterans Since 2014
About The American Veterans Thrift Store
American Veterans Thrift Store incorporated in 2014 and opened the 1st Lewes location in March 2014, the Rehoboth location in August 2016 and the 2nd Lewes location in July 2018. We are a non-profit, 501 ©3 organization and provide affordable everyday necessities such as clothing, shoes, bedding, dishes, furniture and household items to all members of our community.
The owners of American Veterans Thrift Store are Liz and Gene Cooley. Liz and Gene are both Army Veterans who share a deep love of our great nation and the United States military forces. Born out of that passion came the start
of the American Veterans Thrift Store as a means to support other local veterans causes in tangible ways.
How can you help support your local Veterans?
Please donate your gently used household items (clothing, artwork, linens, dishes, cookware, etc.) or cash/check to American Veterans Thrift Store. All donations are 100% tax deductible and a receipt will be provided at time of donation.
EIN # 46-4079232
We offer free pickup for large donations between 9a - 4p M-F. Call store to request large item pickup: (302) 703-6406
All donations are tax-deductible EIN # 46-4079232Contact Us
What We Accept and Do Not Accept
What We Accept
- ACCESSORIES- handbags, shoes, boots, scarves, hats, belts, gloves, luggage
- Antique, vintage collectibles, and rare items
- Bedding and linens NO BED PILLOWS
- Decorative pillows, throws
- Home décor, knick-knacks, framed artwork
- Musical instruments, pianos
- Housewares and small appliances
- Small appliances – stereos, cd players, vhs/dvd players, fans, blenders, mixers, irons, power hand tools
- Large appliances- refrigerators, freezers, washer/dryers, stoves,
- Movies, music, board games, puzzles electronic games
- Bikes, scooters, skateboards
- Garden tools
- Holiday decorations
- Outdoor furniture and lawn decorations
- Small sporting goods
- Books-cookbooks, novels, children’s books. MUST BE CLEAN LIKE NEW
What We Do Not Accept
- Furniture that is covered with pet hair, broken,
worn, missing parts.
- Particleboard furniture
- TV armoires
- Computer stations, large office desk.
- Entertainment centers
- Beds, mattress, box springs, bed pillows
- Cribs, car seats, playpens, strollers, highchairs,
baby walkers, changing tables, small toys with lots
of pieces, bowling balls, exercise equipment,
- Hazardous materials paint, flammable materials
- Building materials, mirrors without frames, ceiling
fans, scrap lumber, kitchen cabinets, sinks, toilets,
shower doors, fixtures, etc.
- Automotive parts, batteries, tires.
- Humidifiers/Dehumidifiers, dishwashers, trash
compactors, under cabinet microwaves.
- Carpet remnants, stain, dirty area rugs.
- Old tvs, computers, printers fax machines.
- Anything that is wet, rusty, mildewed.
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias, self help, business &
money, college textbooks, dirty, broken spines,
magazines, health, fitness, dieting, political &
social science, education & teaching, medical
books, craft hobbies, parenting & relationships,
computer & technology, travel, law, reference.
- Large exercise equipment – treadmills, stationary
- Snow and water skis